Sunday, May 15, 2011

Nursery is Finished!





I took a day away from the hospital yesterday, and Jason and I slaved for twelve hours straight to turn a cluttered "storage" room, with ugly, hole filled walls, into the nursery of my dreams.

I LOVE IT.

We used Benjamin Moore's 618 Robin's Nest on the walls, a trailing cherry blossom decal from designeddesigner on Etsy, and my bedding. Still need to finish the skirt with the tutu ruffle along the bottom, and iron it, as well as wash the minky crib sheet. The curtains and rod are from Ikea, because I was too lazy to make curtains myself. The rod was less that $5!

The twin bed, dresser, bookshelf and chair, are my childhood pieces. They're solid wood, and have held up for the past 28 years, likely to go on lasting forever. Jakob has the same set (thanks to my brother for gifting his set to his nephew!)

All in all, it's a small room, but it works its purpose, and I can't wait to bring my little princess home!

No comments:

Post a Comment