Wednesday, May 25, 2011

20mls!

Ellie had her first bottle last night. She took 20mls of a 35ml feed, pretty amazing for a first timer!! They are going to be alternating gavage a bottle feeds, so bottle on touch feeds (we take her temperature, change her diaper and switch up the location of the oxymeter) and gavage on quiet feeds.

They say with 3hrs between feeds, she will be awake more, and more alert. She handled the switch to q3s really well. Extremely well, if you remember this little nugget used to desat pretty severly during feeds. Ah, she is doing so well *proud mommy grin*

I'm trying to figure out a new schedule to work around this feeding schedule. She feeds at 1130, 230, 530 and 830. I think I'll be there for 1130 and 830. That way, I am still there for Jakob's nap and bed times.

When Jay is off next, I want to be there all day long. My goal all along was to have her home for my birthday. That is Sunday... seems unlikely she will be home in five days, but, hey! Never say never.

What am I going to do when I don't have somewhere to walk to every day?

I just fed Ellie by boob again. Goodness, she is a champ! They have also, finally, discontinued the pump feeds in favour for gravity feeds!

Breastfeeding knocks her out, it takes so much energy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment