Saturday, May 28, 2011

I want my baby to come home. I know I sound like a broken record, but I thought for sure she would be home by now, but we are still here. She took 13ml by breast, that is it. She is on 37ml feeds, so they gavaged the rest. Doc came by this morning, and said they're increasing fluids to 150ml/kg a day, aiming for a goal of 180ml/kg. I hope she grows tonight. Part of me would rather just bottle feed her so that I can SEE the amount she is taking for sure. No more losses, wee thing, you have to grow.
Jake is coming down to the hospital today. My mom's going to lunch, so we are having a mom-son date. Going to get lunch, then skytrain home. If he isn't snotty, I am going to try to get him to hold Ellie.
I am frustrated with this journey. The rain doesn't help.
Ah, I forgot I started this post! The hazards of writing on transit!
Ellie did grow, up to 2022g! Let's hope she doesn't go below two kilos again. Jake arrived, was bright eyed and snot-free, so he held her! He was so excited, but when he actually held her, he panicked. She is so small, he was scared of hurting her. He is such a cutie.
I do have pictures, and intend to post them tomorrow when I am home again.
Last night, it took 45 minutes again, but Ellie took a full bottle. Today, she got 11mls by breast, and a top up by ng tube. She was so awake, that I unhooked her from the monitors and took her for a tour around the nursery before her feed. She is getting big! But, so many babies come and go, and we are still here. Patience is hard to come by when other babies, only 33 weekers, get to go home after a week, and our 32 weeker is still there, with no jail-break date in sight.
One concern is car seat specifications. She could very well be discharged at below 5lbs, she is 4lb7oz now. A set of parents has to buy another car seat because their son is too small for the seat, but ready to go home.
Its hard not being jealous. That baby and Ellie had the same due date week. Only, he was 34 weeks when he was born. What a difference 12 days makes. Today they're the same size, and he is going home. Even the 32 weeker that came in two weeks ago is taking 45ml by breast each feed!!! She is going home on Tuesday.
The twins are going home next week, the poor withdrawal babe is being tranfered to Children's and then it is going to be Khloe and Ellie again, plus whichever newbies we get. She is on her own schedule, I have to remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment