Thursday, May 5, 2011

13 days

I have been at the hospital since 7am, thanks to Jay driving me in, and my mil taking Jake for the day!
Ellie is 1543g today, and she was alert for the longest I have seen! I held her for a couple hours, from the start of one feed to the next. Now she is have her "quiet" feed, where we leave her alone to sleep, eat and grow. Too much handling stresses her out.
She has been on 15 units (don't know what kind of units!) Of oxygen for three days now, to help with her sats.
I have started the process to becoming a milk donor, since at less than 2 weeks, I already have a TON of milk in our freezer. You need 100 ounces to donate. By the time I am ready and the process is done, there will be way more than that!
I pump every 3 hrs at the moment, and a minimum of 8 ounces at a time. She only takes 8 oz a day! That's 56oz extra a dayyyyy.
No idea when we are going to start mouth feeds, that's on my asking list for today's rounds.
Just waiting for the cafeteria to open so I can have lunch, then I might have a bit of a nap and get back to cuddling my princess. We get to give her a bath tonight!

1 comment:

  1. Omg. You're awesome. I am lucky to get around 30 oz a day. Course there are times it ends up being 4 hours between pumpingswhen I am at the hospital because Addison care is 12-3-6-9 and Jackson is on demand now.

    ReplyDelete