Friday, May 20, 2011

How did this become my life?
I am sitting here, snuggling the most beautiful little girl I have ever seen, relieved that her ultrasound came back normal, she has grown well, she's breathing room air, and tomorrow they're going to move her to a big crib.
May long weekend has been significant to me for the past five years. Five years ago, on Saturday of the may long weekend, Jason and I were at the top of Grouse mountain, and he asked me to marry him.
Back then, I was rebellious, fiercly independent and determined never to rely on others for things I should be able to handle myself. I was very reserved, and cold with my emotions.
Three years ago, on Saturday of the May long weekend, we were married, on the hottest day of the year (a record breaker!), in front of family and friends. I was so different from two years prior, warmer, more open and unbelievably excited to embark on our adventure of a life together. In the three years since, Jakob joined us, Jay started work, we bought a house, Jay got hurt, he was off work, went back to work, I started SusieCues, and all of this Ellie stuff happened. This year, I won't have my boys with me, but I will have the whole day with my girl <3.
My mother always says, I don't make life easy for myself, and there are oftentimes struggles, but I alwyas land on my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment