Friday, December 2, 2011

We are on night 3 at home with the bipap machine and monitor. The first night, I had problems with rainout (condensation forms in the tubing, causing it to flood the face mask) not good! Last night was better, still one rainout, but Ellie slept right through until 8 this morning.
Tonight, she didn't even flinch, or skip a breath when I hooked her up. The machine is so important, it is no wonder she adapted as quickly as she did.
We have her all set up in our room. The machine does make noise, a constant humming, then the whoosh of exhales, 20 times a minute, but it is soothing, and I sleep well knowing the monitor will beep if anything is wrong. Right now, she is satting at 99, and sleeping like an angel!!

In other news, Jakob is set to turn THREE on Sunday! I'm making him a crazy cake. He chose the design from Pinterest. I hope it works!! I spent today baking the cakes (gluten free for Auntie B! Did you know Betty Crocker makes gf mixes?) And making marshmallow fondant- sooo relaxing! Tomorrow I will assemble it all and hope no one laughs at me.

I'm wiped. That's all for tonight!

1 comment:

  1. You are a crazy lady. I cannot believe you made your own fondant! So excited to see you all tomorrow and to finally eat birthday cake!!!

    ReplyDelete