Thursday, December 22, 2011

There's nothing quite like being housebound with sick kids, alone. I had plans to go to the fabric shop in town today (which closes at 5), as soon as Jason came home from work. Because he hadn't called yet, at his normal quitting time, I called him. He is usually home at 3pm on this shift, tonight he won't be home until at least six. Sigh.
Jakob was up in the middle of the night with a high fever, woke up at 11am this morning, and has been in my room  all day watching movies. He didn't want to go for a walk, and he never, ever says no to a walk! Ellie must also not be feeling well, she's been especially whiny, and sleepy.
I am dying to leave the house, or even to go downstairs, but Jakob freaks out when I ask to leave, even just to get a cup of coffee.
I was going to make these:


They're super cute, fancy cloth napkins. I wanted to do a whole bunch of Christmas themed ones for our Christmas Eve dinner. Out of the yards, and yards of fabric I have stashed away, I have nothing remotely Christmassy. Oh well.

I have a few other little sewing projects I wanted to do before Christmas Day.

Appliqued, and painted onesies for my niece, Linnea:

A coffee sleeve for my sister-in-law:

A few of these (mom, mother-in-law, sister-in-law)
A couple of these:

I might be able to get a few things done. I have the jersey for the bracelets, cute, no? I also have the fabric for the eye shades, the coffee sleeve, and the applique, but I can't get any of it done if I don't have Jason home to watch the kids. I guess they don't have to get done, I just wanted to beef up our Christmas gifts this year with a little homemade love.

No comments:

Post a Comment