Sunday, December 18, 2011

Jakob and I made the banners for Ellie's baptism get-together. I used my Cricut to cut out the letters, and triangles. We glued the letters down, then glued the triangles to some bias tape I had from my sewing. I covered our red walls with table cloths, to go for a more pink and white theme. We had some photos blown up to 8"x10", which I think turned out really great.


I had so much fun doing the baking for the party this week. I really enjoyed myself. The cake was my favourite part. It's a three layer white cake (I used 6"x2" pans), with an imbedded hot pink cake cross, and buttercream ruffle icing. I had a couple disasters with my new cake pan, prior to my use of a cake release recipe. With the dud cakes, I made cake balls. No time to properly decorate them, so I arranged them in snowflake shapes and iced them.
My dad is a big fan of Parisian macarons. In the past, I've brought them home from trips to France. I was quite pleased with my version, although I will work on a better filling for next time. I think I also need to use a round piping tip for shaping the shells, mine were a bit uneven. They didn't last long, the plate was empty before everything else! I guess no one really noticed what I noticed!


No comments:

Post a Comment