Wednesday, November 30, 2011

We are just waiting for the respiratory therapist to finish up with her other patients, so she can come give us our take_home equipment, and send us home.
We have only been here three days, but already time blurs, and I can't remember what happened Monday, yesterday, today. All the doctors, nurses and tests blend together. It is hard when you have so many people involved in looking after a child!
We have our endocrinology appointment on the 6th, that's just a week away! Then, we have a follow-up appointment with the trach and vent clinic, on the 13th to ensure this whole bi-pap situation is working out.
I am worried, a little, about something going wrong, like the mask obstructing her nostrils, if she swats at it, causing her to stop breathing. We have the pulse oximeter machine as a back up, to let us know if her sats fall, which they would if she had a problem, but it isn't considered a life-saving device. Our doctor, a self-professed Ferberizer, told us to stay in her room with her. If something happens, chances are I will notice before a machine does. So, now to decide if I move into her room, or if she moves into ours, crib and all. If I go into her room, Jay and I will miss out on our time. I think it's time to move the crib!

No comments:

Post a Comment