Sunday, June 10, 2012

Waiting

I should have eaten before we ce, but in the rush to get the house ready, and all of Ellie's stuff packed, I forgot. I am starving!

They hurried Ellie into a room in emergency, and she is now sleeping with her bipap on, as we wait for the physician to pay us a visit. The nurse knows Ellie, so I didn't have to tell her much. Same likely won't be said about the doctor. It will be a matter of convincing someone who doesn't know her history or condition, that she is as sick as I say she is. She registered a fever of 37.9 when we got into our room. They gave her Advil, in addition to the Tylenol that I gave her earlier. She isn't happy.
Apparently the tcu (section of the ICU she normally stays in) is closed for renovations!
Wondering if they will admit her, or send us home because they don't have room for her.
Part of me is scared that if they do admit us, this stay may be when they address ongoing breathing issues. We will see, I guess.

Will keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment