Wednesday, June 13, 2012

7:47pm

Another day coming to a close. DH spent part of the afternoon here with us, and it was nice to have family time, albeit in a hospital setting. One of my close friends' little girl has surgery tomorrow, so they're here today for pre-op stuff. We had a late lunch with them, and it's weird to think of just how many people I know in this place!

I've just come back from dinner with my MIL, and Jakob. I am tired, but happy to see that Ellie is somewhat better. Colds are frustrating! I know for me, at the end of the day when I have a cold, I usually feel fine. It's overnight that things get congested, and in the morning that I feel awful. We have everything planned out for Ellie to come home tomorrow, but also in case she doesn't come home and needs another (another) extra day to get better.

I met a family today in the waiting room, whose little girl was undergoing her third heart surgery. She's only 7 months old! The surgery went fine, but my goodness, what a reminder that the things we experience could be worse. I'm glad our biggest worry at the moment is Ellie struggling with snot!

No comments:

Post a Comment