Friday, June 22, 2012

Aquarium!

Today involved a lot of time in the car. We drove out to West Vancouver to check the mail for some friends, then  I took the kids to the aquarium. I am so glad we have a membership, it was soooo crowded we raced our way through the crowds, stopping to admire the bats, butterflies, sharks, turtle and new penguins (adorable!). Ellie has never been, and she was amazed. I love the look on her face when she sees something she thinks is very interesting. You can practically see the wheels turning in that little head of hers.

On the way out, mother nature decided to unleash a torrent of rain upon our heads. Jakob, dressed as Superman (trust me, this is a really, really good way of making sure you can find your child in a crowd!!), threw his cape over his head and said, I'm Superman, I won't get wet.

Ellie was snug as a bug in our Ergo carrier, and threw her head back to feel the rain on her face. I love the rain, it didn't bother me one bit.

Our drive home was long, since I timed it perfectly with Friday rush hour. Ugh... But, we're home now, and it's time for a glass of wine, and snuggling my kids on the couch until DH comes home.

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment