Sunday, November 6, 2011

We have arrived

We didn't bring a camera on board the plane, so I have no photos to upload, yet!

I'm going to start off by thanking the Universe for blessing me with the most incredible children. I seriously could not be any luckier to have them. Traveling with them was a complete delight!

Jason dropped us off at the airport. I put Ellie in the sling, Jakob and the luggage on the cart, and went in to meet my Mom. We got our boarding cards, cleared security with no hassle at all about bringing breastmilk with me, then spent the next hour and a half hanging out in the children's area close to our gate. I ran Jakob up and down the wing of the airport, until he was exhausted. We got a snack, and then we boarded the flight.

We had four seats, paired up in rows 23 and 24. That way, Mom had Ellie, and I had Jakob. Ellie had a bottle at the beginning, and one before landing, and slept the rest of the time. She was perfect. Jakob watched Cars 2, some tv shows, ate dinner, and then slept until an hour before landing. He even asked to use the washroom twice!! He was incredible, and very polite to the lady seated beside her. We landed just after 12pm, waited for everyone else to unload before we did, as not to be too rushed.

Because we were traveling with a baby, they let us cut the line at passport control, so we didn't have to wait at all. Our bags were there when we got to the carousel, and our driver was waiting for us when we arrived in the welcome hall. He had two awesome car seats, and plenty of room for all our baggage. There was traffic leaving the car-park, but that wasn't even that bad, since we'd brought along snacks and new toys for Jakob. Waiting in traffic was our only hold-up the whole time!

We got to my parents' flat before 2pm, and Jakob was SO happy to see my dad and brother. He's been my brother's shadow ever since. Forget about me, Alexandre's where the fun is at!

We had a nice little visit, showers, a nap, then were up again for dinner. I can't even begin to explain how wonderful it was to have that first meal with my family all together again. I miss them immensly. We went to bed around 9pm.

Jakob was awake from 2am-4am, and when he finally fell back asleep, Ellie woke up, completely confused with the time change, and hungry. I fed her (and was really excited about the new pump my parents bought, it's fantastic!) and we all went back to sleep until after 10am. It's hard coming this way with the time change!

Today is my brother's 23rd birthday. I've missed a lot of birthdays, a lot. It was like old times being here to bug him in the morning :)

We walked up to the grocery store, they do every day, as their fridge is TINY. Then we had lunch, a bit of down time, and then went for an awesome uphill climb to the Hampstead high street, to pick up an incredible Dobosh Torte Cake. We came back (me sweating, my parents laughing at me) and ate some cake, and now here we are.

Jakob is sleeping, Ellie is sleeping, my brother is writing music, my mother is cleaning up the kitchen, my daddy is reading, and I'm getting caught up.

Tonight we're going out to dinner, in Covent Gardens, and will be back, hopefully in time for an early bed time.

Who knows what the rest of the week will bring, needless to say, I'm so happy to be here.

No comments:

Post a Comment