Saturday, November 12, 2011

Today was lovely. We got up relatively early, and took the train up to St. Albans. What a beautiful little town! My brother is graduating on Tuesday at the cathedral there, and I wanted the chance to see it myself, since I won't be taking the children to the ceremony.

We walked, a lot, most of the time I had Jakob in the sling, which resulted in quite the workout for me. Too bad I keep offsetting my activity with calorie-dense foods. I have had cream tea twice in two days! My jeans are getting a bit snug, so I think I might go to the gym with my brother on Monday evening, after my visit with a friend and her littles in Greenwich.

I've been thinking a lot about this blog, and about what I want it to be. Every time I start changing things, time runs out, and I get too busy, and it ends up blah. I have a mind to go through all my old posts, to fix the spelling errors, the run on sentences, the posts where I just stopped mid-thought. That would take a lot of work. It's a shame I didn't bring my own laptop on holiday with me, I could have worked on the plane ride over and home again. Alas, I'll have to find a way some other time.

Ellie had a good day today. She is a pro at doing her physio exercises, and is getting stronger every day. She was very awake this evening, and we had a half hour long conversation, her cooing and me responding to her. She also giggled a fair bit. I can't imagine ever being away from her, she's so precious.

Right now, Jakob is soundly off in Neverland, my brother is in his room, the living room couches are occupied by my parents, who are both reading. Ellie is sleeping beside my mom, and I'm sitting at the dining table, taking it all in.

This flat is not big. It has three bedrooms, two and a half bathrooms, the most awkward hallway that always results in my banging either a shoulder, hip, or both as I try to make my way from bedroom to kitchen. The kitchen is small, with a tiny four-burner stove, little oven, minute dishwasher and cute fridge. Nothing here is over-sized, nothing here is extravagant, but everything is very nice. Being here, four adults, two children, living mostly peacefully, makes me think that we really don't need a big home. Sure, it would be nice. But, is it really necessary?

I'm looking forward to Jason and I going to Calgary in the new year, to check out what houses are available in our price range. Knowing we don't need too much space, more properties are probably available than I previously thought.

*Yawn* tomorrow is going to be a long day. My brother and I are going shopping, without the children, so I better get to bed before it gets to be too late. I haven't been sleeping well, I have so many worries about Ellie. I sure wish there was an off button to my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment