Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Work

Starting tomorrow, and once a week from here on out, I am reclaiming my professional life. It's been almost four years since I last worked in an office, and by some miracle (or just because I have incredible friends), I found a position that sounds interesting, is flexible around DH's work schedule so we don't need daycare, pays well, and is easy to get to! I am beyond excited.

I went shopping with my Mom before she left, so that I would have clothes to wear for work. I gave away all my office clothes after Jakob was born, when SusieCues was in full swing, and I didn't think I would ever go back to "real" work. Then Ellie was born, and SusieCues became impossible to keep up, and my hands started failing me. I honestly think I have arthritis in my hands, every time I sew, my hands hurt for ages afterward!

So, I didn't have any clothes, and I wasn't sure if I would even get the job, but we decided it was a good idea to have some outfits ready just in case. I bought a few pairs of nice pants, a skirt, jacket, some sweaters, and tops. Since the position is only once a week, I have more than enough to see me through summer!

I am giddy at the thought of leaving the house tomorrow, not worrying about feeding people, dressing people, generally looking after people. I can focus on myself and my work. I CANNOT WAIT!

No comments:

Post a Comment