Friday, May 11, 2012

It's 9:20pm, and Jakob is sleeping in his own bed, DH is working, and Ellie's at the hospital. I called to check on her. You know what's sad? When you know the voice of the person on the other end of the line without them identifying themselves.

In any case, the stuff they gave her to stop the vomiting seems to have worked. No barfs. She got her minimum fluid intake today (450ml), and tomorrow they're going to work on bringing her up to full formula - right now she's getting half pedialyte, half formula. On Sunday, we'll talk about solids.

Little Miss has dropped down to 13lbs1oz, which is frustrating. But, she is really doing amazingly well, all things considered. Everyone is blown away by how much she's progressed since coming home, and our nurse today reminded me how far she's come in 5 months, from the little blob that was first admitted to the ICU in December, to a beautiful, strong, incredible little girl.

Can't wait to see her tomorrow, some how... I think I have to wait for DH to wake up, so he can watch Jakob, then I can go into town, and maybe they can meet me at the hospital on DH's way to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment