Sunday, March 31, 2013

Day 5 - Going for Clean

Yesterday we spent much of the day at my in-laws, celebrating with almost 30 people. It was lovely. Today, we're up early (it's getting to be a habit for me now!) and getting ready to go to church, then out to my parents' for more Eastering.

The Easter Bunny stopped by our house, and left some healthy treats (and some not so much) for the kids.
Thanks, EB!

Jakob had so much fun with the Linzer cookie cutters yesterday, that he requested Chick and Butterfly mini sandwiches.

Almond Butter Cut-out Sandwiches
We made marbled hard-boiled eggs, to bring as an appetizer this evening. I did the boiling, Jakob did the smashing. It was a fun team effort. I am down to the last of my "all natural" food colours from the UK, which makes me sad. But, happy to put them to good use!
Eggs soaking in diluted food colouring
 
Pretty egg shells!

Marbled Eggs!
Today, on Day 5, I'm going to run the dishwasher before bed, so it's clean in the morning, ready for unloading!

No comments:

Post a Comment