Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Day 1 - Going for Clean

The internet is chock-full of tips for organizing your life, and making cleaning less of a chore. Once upon a time, I subscribed to FLYlady, but I gave it up when they started giving me more work to do (like dealing with a kajillion emails a day). I did implement their suggestion of shining the kitchen sink before bed, so that you're greeted every morning with a sparkling sink. I love that idea, it's easy, although I don't always get to benefit from the effort, especially if DH comes home from work in the middle of the night and leaves his late-night snack dishes on the counter. I try!

I figure that this journey for me is going to start at the beginning of the day, and work through to the end of the day. I figure if I make a change at the beginning of my day, I will think about things I can change throughout the day. Who knows how it will work, but here it goes!

For Day 1, the first thing I'm going to start doing is setting my alarm clock to go off half an hour before I know the kids will be up. I'm incredibly blessed to have solid sleepers, and they don't like getting up early. I feel for those of you who have early risers! Ellie's nurses leave sometime between 6:30 and 7:00am.

My goal is to get out of bed between 6:00-6:30am (depending on the day), immediately make the bed, and hop into the shower. The goal is to start the day feeling clean, unhurried, and refreshed; without wanting to get back into bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment