Tuesday, March 19, 2013

March 19th

I was going through my Family Management Binder, and came across some sheets I printed off a long time ago from imperfecthomemaking.com for Blog Planning! I've written out what I want to write about this week, and it looks like I can get myself organized a lot more easily if I can just find the time to sit down and actually write!

Today was busy. Ellie had an endocrine appointment in the city, and I was on my own with the kids. We left a little early, so that we could stop at Michael's to buy the things we needed for some crafting.

Ellie's appointment went really well. She's 8.79kg and 75.4cm, or about 19lbs and 29.75". I need to update the Flash plug-in on my computer, but she's around 0.1%ile for length, and 3rd for weight. Baby girl is finally in the right bracket weight-for-length, but they're concerned that she SHOT up from 1st to 30th percentile w-f-l in three months. So, no more whole milk, and less bananas :(

We came home and made a Rainbow Sensory Box!

Star confetti (BIG mistake), felt, ribbon, feathers, construction and tissue paper!

While Jakob was playing with glass beads and homemade playdough, and Ellie was ignoring her sensory box in favour of a nap on the kitchen floor, I started making Yarn Dryer Balls. I'd heard of these before, and recently almost fell off my chair at the price they cost to buy! OMG. They're like $10 EACH, and you need about four of them! Not cool. So, I bought some wool yarn, wound it into balls, threw the balls into pantyhose, washed, dried, POOF, my own laundry balls at a fraction of their normal retail price.


Sleepy!

Yarn Ball in Progress



Pre-Wash


Dinner wasn't particularly exciting. I was tired at the end of the day, and we have no nurses this whole WEEK, so I found something unlabelled in the freezer. Turned out to be leftover yam casserole soup from Christmas, to which I added some Jasmine rice. The kids loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment