Sunday, March 24, 2013

The Weekend!

On Friday, my mom and I took the kids to the ski hill, and Jakob had his second ski lesson. It's amazing how quickly they learn when they're young! I can't wait for next season, when my healed (hopefully) ankle lets me hit the slopes again! It will be amazing being able to ski with my boy!!

On Saturday, DH and I had an awesome date night. I wanted to try something different than just going to the movies, and he was game to do whatever I wanted. We went pottery painting! Remember those paint studios from when we were growing up? I hadn't been to one in ages, and we spent two hours chatting and painting away. DH painted a Batman mug, which is sure to impress Jakob when we pick it up on Friday. I painted this teacup and saucer set:

Can't wait to see it fired!

Today was *spectacular*. We took the whole family up to one of our local mountains, so that Jakob could go to his third ski lesson.

Seriously, the perfect day to be up on the slopes!
 DH and I took Ellie and the dog for a long, long walk in the snow.
 
Phoenix LOVED the snow!

It was beautiful outside, the weather was perfect, and we just had the greatest time.

Ellie loved being in the backpack, and stopping for a snack :)

I feel so much better about myself when I'm outside, and when I'm active, so I'm making a pledge to myself to get outside every single day, rain or shine, to enjoy the great outdoors!

Since I will soon have a lot more time on my hands, I am also planning on embarking on a 31 day cleaning challenge, to make cleaning a habit, instead of a chore that I dread. I've read a lot of blogs, and haven't found anything that fits our house the way I'd like, so I'll be making it up as I go. Stay tuned!





No comments:

Post a Comment