Monday, April 1, 2013

Day 6 - Going for Clean

My DH is home today! On these days, now especially since I'm not working, I can get a LOT done. Today seemed like a good day to strip all the beds, and wash the linens. I am on to my second load of laundry (one load of clothes, one load of sheets) and the first is folded and waiting to be put away. The kitchen is clean, and I found a few minutes to tidy the front area.

It's amazing how much you can accomplish in five minutes, if you completely dedicate yourself to cleaning for five minutes straight.

Today's addition to Going for Clean is to set the timer, three times a day, for five minutes. Choose a spot that needs some of work, and spend five minutes cleaning, sorting and tidying. Stop when the timer goes off, and go back to your day!

In five minutes, I was able to straighten all the shoes in our front entrance, pile the winter clothes from the closet on the stairs to be stored, hung up the jackets, threw a few coats into a pile for the thrift store, and quickly swept the floor. Five minutes, 300 seconds, really no time at all.

Try it, three times a day, you'll be surprised how effectively you can use your time.

2 comments:

  1. I'm adoring this new project, and I'm going to try to implement some of these things in my day! I'm a long-time lurker, but truly enjoy reading about your family (and not in a creepster way). Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete