Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Mama Bear is Raging

For the first time in this Ellie journey, I am absolutely raging mad. RAGING.

I've been meaning to call the ENT office, because they told me at our last appointment (both the doctor and the secretary) that Ellie would be scheduled for surgery at the beginning of January, and that if I hadn't heard back by mid-November, that I should call.

I just called. The receptionist told me "there is no way she's going to be booked in for January, probably not until March at the very earliest" Blah, blah, blah, two surgerical days in January, blah, blah, blah, high priority cases, blah, blah, blah, waiting lists....

I COULD JUST SCREAM!!!

The audiologist told me that if they couldn't do her surgery, Ellie needed hearing aids. Her hearing impairment is affecting her development. But, can I get her in to be fitted in the mean time? NO. No openings until SPRING.

What the hell am I supposed to do with that?? Ellie NEEDS to be able to hear. She's going to be facing enough issues developing her speech as it is with her PWS diagnosis, don't you think it's important that this VERY repairable issue be fixed?!

I asked to be put on the cancellation list, and was told that because Ellie needs to stay the night in ICU, there is NO chance of her being able to claim a cancelled spot. No chance.

So we have to wait until March, or probably even later, because the biotch on the other end of the line said "I can absolutely not guarantee she'll get in by then" for Ellie to be fixed.

RAWR.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry. I don't understand how her case isn't a priority. I would call back and ask to speak to the doctor, and maybe keep calling until you get an answer. Sometimes the squeaky wheel gets the oil. Hang in there and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete