Wednesday, November 21, 2012

The difference a year makes...

This was November 20th, 2011. Exactly a year ago.
Wasn't she tiny? I remember that day. We went to the museum of natural history, and Ellie was awake the whole time we were there. I remember, because it was SUCH a big deal to me that she was awake. She was 9lbs, still between preemie and newborn clothes. She couldn't sit up, or roll over, or really do anything but snuggle.

Today, she's so different!

We trekked into Vancouver for her RSV clinic appointment. We are very lucky that she qualified this year, I know many kids who didn't. The lovely nurse weighed her, and I nearly keeled over with shock. Ellie weighs SEVENTEEN pounds!!! Our goal at the last endocrine appointment was to get her to 16lbs, because Ellie had been at 13 pounds for months.

The only thing that's changed is an increase in the amount of protein we give her. They didn't measure her, but I know she's grown more than they expected, based only on how she seems to be busting out of 6 month clothes. We are almost ready to bring out the 9 month gear!

I think we have an endo appointment in December, so we'll see how that goes when we get there. We still have a sleep study to deal with after Christmas, and we're still waiting on her surgery booking for January.

We popped in to say hello to the PICU people. Ah, it warms my heart how much they love her, and how much they gush at the progress she's making. Also SOOO glad to just be visiting, I don't want to go back for real!

1 comment:

  1. Yay! So glad she is doing well. I love that picture of her sucking on your nose. So precious.

    ReplyDelete