Sunday, November 18, 2012

Renos

We have a plan and we have a timeline!! We are lucky to have tradespeople in the family, so our crappy shower plumbing set-up will be fixed by BIL and I can get advice on carpentry questions from dh's grandpa.

We are going to install the backer board after the plumbing is fixed and the shower base is replaced. We will mud and tape, and then apply a waterproof membrane to the walls and flooring underlay.

We have someone coming in to do the tiling, because I don't want to argue with DH about it, and my OCD would mean I would spend a whole day making sure everything was perfectly in line.

We bought the white subway tiles for the shower, to be paired with white grout. I found my floor tiles at Rona (yay!) and they'll go with grey grout. Bought a new toilet and my lovely new vanity and mirror. Also bought Martha Stewart bath accessories and what I need to bead board panelling, chair rail and baseboards!
Everything should be done by the 15th of December!

Will post photos of everything as we go. Sadly, our camera is out of commission... Thanks, Jakob.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment