Thursday, November 8, 2012

Baking and Renos






Tonight we're celebrating two family members' birthdays, so I've been baking since 8am! I have just finished a St. Honore for my dad, and a tuxedo truffle cake for my brother. For the St. Honore, I used a slightly different version of the recipe I used a couple weeks ago, and this time I didn't burn the caramel (although I did burn myself - OUCH!)

My brother likes tuxedo cake. Heck, I LOVE tuxedo cake! It was what we had as our wedding cake, and I had no idea it would be easy to make. Marble cake slab, chocolate mousse, white chocolate mousse, and a chocolate ganache. Yum! What I didn't count on was for how HUGE it turned out. My word, it's a massive cake.
In other news, we discovered a leak from our upstairs bathroom, and so now we're in the throws of renovating a poorly done DIY that we inherited from the previous owners. We're taking the opportunity, in spite of wanting to sell this place, to do it right, and put in a nice looking, up to code bathroom.

This is our inspiration:
 We found the vanity they used at Home Depot:

 
This is the flooring we're using, it's from Rona:

No comments:

Post a Comment