Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Creme Brulee Pie and Pavlova

This morning, a friend of mine posted that they were going to make creme brulee today. As soon as I saw those two words, creme brulee,  it's all I could think of!

To make matters worse, people are preparing for American Thanksgiving, and everywhere I looked there were people talking about pies.

Creme brulee + pies = creme brulee pie??

OH YES!


The recipe, which I found here calls for 7 egg yolks... that leaves 7 egg whites. What to do? Make something healthy, like an egg white omlette? HAHAHA...no.

I made a pavlova. Whipped the eggs til stiff, added about a cup of superfine sugar, whipped til glossy, added 2 tsps corn starch, and 2tsps vinegar. Baked at 250F for a couple hours. I intend on freezing the rest (you know, the part that isn't already in my belly!), and will serve it eventually with whipped cream and berries.

Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment