Monday, December 3, 2012

I've had a few days to process things, and I've calmed down a lot since my last post. It helps that I was sick, and Ellie was sick, so I couldn't do much phoning.

Today, I've been in touch with the ENT office, who confirmed for me that it would be 3-4 months, at least, until Ellie gets the surgery she needs. She said she would try to book something for us if the cancellation list coughs up an opening, but explained again that they're limited in the number of beds they can book in a day.

So, I decided to just leave that alone, seeing as they have something like 9000 patients a year, and I do understand they're busy. I am quite alright with delaying the surgery, because at least it gives her more time to grow and catch up. I don't fancy the idea of having her in hospital during cold and flu season anyway.

I've called her audiologist, and left a message, and I've also called the audiology department. My goal is to get Ellie hearing aids. She is on the At Home Program, that covers hearing aids. I want them for Christmas. Here's hoping I hear back today, or tomorrow from someone who can hopefully put this all in motion. I don't need loaners, I just need this to happen, so that my sweet belle can hear everything like she should.

I was a lot nicer on the phone today, and people seem to respond well to that.

No comments:

Post a Comment