Monday, November 12, 2012

Fall cooking

I made a super easy chicken-bean-potato casserole tonight for dinner. Great-grandpa came by with a few jars of his canned green beans (which I LOVE), so I threw one drained can into a pyrex dish with three chicken breasts, and half a bag of mini potatoes, and one chopped up onion. Sprinkled 3 tbsp olive oil over, and topped with Italian seasoning. Baked at 350F for an hour. Yum!


On the stove, I have my trusty slow-cooker making Jambalaya. This recipe is a winging it version, with two chopped up chicken breasts, two chopped up brat sausages, a large can of tomatoes, one green pepper, three celery stalks, an onion, some garlic, a cup of chicken stock and chipotle spices. When it hits an hour left, I will throw in a cup of wild rice. At five minutes to finish, I will add in a bunch of shrimp. Another YUM!


We have a ton of apples to do something with, so I made a huge pot of apple-cinnamon oatmeal, and I'm baking a braided apple pie.


Organic apples from the Okanagan!

Chopped for Oatmeal


Cook with water until softened

Add oats and cook. Don't burn the bottom of the pan like I did...
More apples! Tossed with sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice, and baked for 10 min at 350F

Put cooked apples on cut pie dough



Pause for a photo with cute baby

Feed said baby oatmeal!

Bake braided pie for 20 minutes at 350F

Serve with caramel sauce... or don't! (You might not be able to stop eating it!)




No comments:

Post a Comment