Thursday, June 2, 2011

Wow, I can't believe how much I missed Ellie. It didn't hit me until I saw her, and instantly my heart broke at the absence. Poor baby got no snuggles yesterday, there were only 2 nurses for 7 babies. She got fed, but no bath. She was all greasy today :(
On the plus side, I got to give her a bath! She is now 2171grams or 4lbs12oz!
I pumped when I got here tonight, because she was attached to a feeding syringe and I thought she was being fed early. Nope... so there was bothing left for her to nurse, and I gave her a bottle. She took the whole thing. I know a lot of people think I should breastfeed when I am here, but I find the test weighing really stressful, and I don't want to starve her. I think I was to bottle feed while we are here and change to boobs when we are home. I just want her home. And bottle feeding might get her home sooner. Six weeks... 42 days of nicu life.

Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment