Monday, June 13, 2011

Two days away from Ellie's due date. I can't belive we are already at this point. Last night she took two full bottles, a half feed and an ng. Our nurse today is one of the breastfeeding-is-best types, so I had to sit here with Ellie staring at me, boob in mouth, wondering what I was trying to do to her. All I care about if the *milk* not the mode in which she gets it! Oh well, my mil is on a business trip, and Jason has to work today at noon, so I am only here for this one feed. She hung out at the breast for an ng feed. No biggie.
She was just shy of 2500 grams yesterday!!! 5lbs8oz. Amazing.
She really has come so far, from the teeny, tiny frail little baby who was more skin and bones than anything, all red with tubes, wires, cuffs, ivs, and monitors, to a gorgeous, blonde haired, blue eyed, chubby little munchkin, who just needs a little support feeding. It is hard to see the forest for the trees, when we are stuck in the day-to-day life in the nicu, but her progress *is* extraordinary.

My revised homecoming goal is for sometime during Jason's holidays. He is off until the 26th. If that doesn't happen, well... at least my mom will be home again!

No comments:

Post a Comment