Monday, August 20, 2012

Sorry!

Where is the time going?! I'm falling behind in my posting, and I apologize for that. Life is great, but so very busy. Saturday, was the Heart of Ladner Night Market, and did Ladner ever show its heart. We were blown away by the turn out, and the support we got at our booth for our One Small Step walk in September. We gave out all 100 of our marketing postcards, all our brochures, and sold out of key chains and necklaces. I still have hair bows left, but they'll be gone on the day of our walk. We raised $235 in 5 hours, which we thought was AMAZING. We went with a goal of raising awareness, and selling everything we had to make $100. $235 more than doubled our goal. But, then an incredible, beautiful angel of a woman offered to MATCH our donations, meaning we ended up raising $470! In one night! From a little charity night market! Blown away. We were so happy. So happy to get out and spread the word about PWS. So happy to introduce Ellie to her community. So happy for everything, and for the opportunity to share our story. Speaking of sharing our story, I forgot to mention that I was interviewed last week by The Province, as part of their Inside St. Paul's series. I'm excited to see what ends up being printed, and if the photos they took of us are any good :) I'm getting totally pumped for our walk in September. I did a rough count, and it looks like we will have over 100 people in attendance! That's pretty awesome for our first go at hosting. Ellie is still continuing to amaze us off bipap. Can you believe she's OFF her machine??? SERIOUSLY?! She's been sleeping in her own room, for the first time in her life. I am so happy about it, it makes me teary eyed. I have a lot of photos to post, but washed, and dried my SD card, so seeing if I can pull the photos off it, or whether I'm hooped. Hope you're all enjoying your summer. <3

1 comment:

  1. Yay! That is just wonderful news all around (aside from the SD card, of course)! So happy for you and that Ellie is in her gorgeous room. What a milestone.

    ReplyDelete