Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Everything is falling into place!

Life is jam packed these days. I can't believe how busy my schedule is! I've recently increased my work days to twice a week, which is amazing for my personal development, and great for our budget, but it certainly cuts back on the time I have to get everything else done! With 25 days until our One Small Step walk, I have SO much to do! Today was a particularly exciting day. I woke up to discover that they ran our story in The Province, which is super exciting.

Then, DH and I met with the manager at the local Scotiabank, which is just opening. Seeing as we gave him three weeks notice before our walk, and we were coming in at the end of the year, we didn't expect much, but were hopeful we could get our out of pocket costs for running the event covered. They're having their big grand opening ceremony/day next Thursday, and said that they would have a collection jar for Ellie, with our poster, and some flyers, and everything donated would be matched, dollar for dollar, by Scotia's regional (?) head office. We were thrilled!

Off I went, to spend the most lovely afternoon with a dear friend I haven't seen in far too long. While I was there, a high school friend of mine, who is now a reporter for CTV, called to interview me about the walk! I thought my day couldn't possibly get any better.

Imagine my surprise, when I walked in the door this evening to see my husband beaming. The manager at Scotiabank had called in the afternoon, to say that he'd talked to some higher ups, and they were going to present us with a cheque for $500 (!!!!!) at their opening ceremony. They asked if we could be on site for the ribbon cutting, and to promote our event. I'm ecstatic! To top it off, they're still going forward with collections. Amazing.

Oh, and nursing coordination called to tell me they're not touching our nursing hours or funding at all until our review at the end of January. Yay!

1 comment: