Saturday, August 25, 2012

Awake!

I should NOT have had coffee tonight. Seriously, I am buzzing, and the nurse is here. Sigh, stupid move, Sus.
 
Ellie has needed bipap two nights in a row :(
 
Her sats fell into the high 80s on Wednesday, but recovered within 5 seconds. Last night, she hung out in the 80s, without recovering, so bipap all night it was. Even when the nurse tried givingg her a break, she would plummet back to the 80s. Lame.
 
I talked with our nursing manager, who'd talked with both nurses (who were concerned enough to call in). Nursing hours are staying the same. That's a relief.
 
I will have to talk to nursing support, but with proof of continuing desats (E is at present doing an At Home sleep study), they can't very well take away her care.
 
I guess it is alright. I want whatever is best for Ellie. She slept like crap off bipap, so restless, and fidgety. On bipap, other than rolling around like a normal person would, she would sleep right through. Off bipap, she was awake multiple times.
 
I told tonight's nurse to record the times E desats, to wake her up if she does, but no bipap. I need one night, at home, to show the docs what is reeally happening. Hey, at least we didn't have to spend all this time in hospital!!
 
Ellie is now waving goodbye, signing more, all done and saying Mama, Dada, bubbah (bottle). She has a special smile reserved for Jakob, and she loves him the most! progress is progress :)

No comments:

Post a Comment