Thursday, April 4, 2013

Day 9 - Going for Clean

Big news in our household this week! Ellie has started taking independent steps!! STEPS!!! She took four in physio the other day, and also crawled across the living room, I'm sure just to show off that she could. She can stand, if she wants to, for maybe 20 seconds without holding on to anything. But the steps, that just gets me so excited. She is going to walk soon... soon!

Her PT is leaving the practice, to start his own practice. We're looking at a couple months of being therapy free, but I'm determined that's not going to stop us. I've been working with her every day to strengthen her little legs, and build up her endurance.

When DH is off work, I'm going to try to set up some sort of video to capture her progress. It's hard when it's just me!

Yesterday, I had the opportunity to go shopping with my mom (makes it a lot easier to have a second set of hands!) and I bought replacement cushions for our patio set. I'm so happy with them. They're cushy, and soft, and they're supposedly quick-dry, so we'll see how they hold up! It was a LOT less expensive than replacing the whole kit and kaboodle. I bought some solar lights as well, and if only the sun would shine I'd be able to see how they look!
Now, to fix the dog-destroyed lawn...

Today, Day 9's Going for Clean tip is to do one big chore a day. I HATE having to spend a whole family day cleaning. I really, really, really despise it. We only get so many days together as a family, and it seems like such a waste to spent the day chained to the house, cleaning.

So, I propose the addition of one big chore (read vacuuming, cleaning toilets, washing floors, washing windows, washing bathtubs/showers) a day. Yesterday, I vacuumed. Today it's going to be toilets. If you do one big thing a day, you shouldn't be left feeling overwhelmed, and you won't experience the let-down of having the tornado that is having kids and a dog destroy your "it took all day to clean" house in a matter of minutes. Cleaning, as I'm learning, is easier to do if you just do a little at a time, all the time!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to Ellie on taking her 1st steps by herself! And to you on all your hard work getting her to this point :)

    We're sharing her inspiring achievement on our Facebook page this evening. You can view the post here if you're interested: http://on.fb.me/H7dL6R

    We can't wait for the day that we get to read about Ellie walking by herself!

    ReplyDelete