Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Sundried Tomato Turkey Meatballs over Spaghetti Squash!



Winging it on a glass of white wine!

I have turkey that I need to use, as well as some sour cream, and half a spaghetti squash (leftover from the lasagna).

I am going to attempt to make turkey meatballs!

I'm using:
One package of sundried tomatoes (about 100g)
5 garlic cloves
1lb ground turkey
1/4 Panko bread crumbs
1 egg
1 cup sour cream
1 large can whole tomatoes
1/2 a large spaghetti squash
Chipotle seasoning (I'm really into Sexy Spices at the moment)
Grated Hard Cheese


Pulse the sundried tomatoes and garlic cloves together in a food processor and separate into two bowls. Set aside.


Combine turkey, one bowl of the sundried tomatoes, ¼ cup bread crumbs, an egg, a few dashes of chipotle seasoning,  salt, pepper, and some parmesan cheese. 
 

Mix well, and roll into balls, by hand and place on a plate

In a large pan, heat the second bowl of tomatoes until the incredible tomatoey smell makes its way up your nose. 
Add a can of whole tomatoes, and bring to a bowl, smushing the tomatoes with the back of a wooden spoon.
Add the meatballs, and simmer for 15 minutes. Don’t stir too much, or the balls won’t hold their shape. 

Check on the squash to make sure it is coming along and not burning. Have another glass of wine (oh wait, that's me!)


When the sauce starts cooking down, add a cup of sour cream and mix well. At this point, I’m not going to lie, I was a little worried… but, I did a taste test, and it’s GOOD!

Pull the squash out of the oven, and shred the pulp into the sauce pan. 
Mix, and serve! 


There was quite the positive running commentary at dinner tonight!
"The meatballs are so good"
"It’s good to the last bite"
"This is some good home cooking!"

Seriously, nothing I’ve made recently has been this deeeelicious. I had seconds. I never have seconds. DH had thirds!!!!

Try this recipe. You won’t be sorry!

No comments:

Post a Comment