Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Eggless Chocolate Bundt Cake!

Jakob and I decided to spend the afternoon baking. He is dying for a treat, despite the fact that there is a chocolate bundt cake presently baking in the oven. You couldn't believe the things he's saying to try to convince me to give him a lilI think Ellie is battling some kind of bug, or else she's teething, either way she's not herself, and is exceptionally emotional today. She has cried off and on all day long. Poor love bug!


I love baking with Jakob. It's a lesson in tolerance for me, to let him make a mess of my kitchen. It's great for him to see how everything comes together. And, at the end of it all, when we've put the kitchen back in order, we have a nice treat to reward ourselves with.

We're eggless today, the kids finished off the last of the eggs at breakfast, so I had to improvise. I found a bundt recipe at bakingbites.com/2006/01/cooking-school-eggless-chocolate-bundt/ 

I followed everything for the cake to a T. For the glaze, I did half milk chocolate, half super dark, because that's all I had left! We are still working on our chocolates from Easter, if that tells you anything about our chocolate eating habits!


Jakob just dropped a bowl, which crashed and made a loud noise, which made Ellie start crying. This is what he started singing, a la Clementine.

"Oh my Ellie, oh my belly, don't you worry stinker-belle, I will make you feel better, we'll eat cake and you'll be well."

Hahahaha. Ah, if only he were that cute all the time, and not presently in the middle of a colossal meltdown because I won't give him the bowl back. Not cute at all...

Ooh... it's ready!



*drool*

Impossible to keep him still for a photo!

Skinny legs loved her cake

Unbelievably delicious!


No comments:

Post a Comment