Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Fall is here...

I know that autumn is here, because my fuzzy monster toe socks are back into rotation.
Jakob is moderately afraid of these socks. He thinks I have actual monster feet!

We all layer up in the morning to keep the chill out (Jakob has on two occasions even insisted on wearing dual pairs of underwear - "to keep my bum warm!").
We have throw blankets around the house, on practically every chair and couch, and the table runners have been switched to warmer colours.

The roses out back are blooming.


The bugs have slowed enough for us to catch in Jakob's little bug house.


I'm sitting in my rocker by the back door, with a home made magic bean bag draped over my shoulders. I refuse to turn on the heat.
The kitchen is warm, and I'm glad it has a door to separate it from the rest of the house. During the day, while I'm cooking, or running the laundry or dishwasher, I keep it shut. In the evening, when we all head upstairs, I open it up, and the warm air makes its way up to our rooms. We've switched the comforters on our beds to heavier versions, and we're using our fleece sheet sets.
It really is my favourite time of year. Everything is so crisp, the colours are beautiful. There's nothing quite like curling up in a comfortable chair, under the warmth of a blanket, to read a book while the rain muffles all the sounds from outdoors.
Jakob is happily watching super-retro cartoons on Netflix, and I don't feel guilty about letting him watch television. I can't wait for all the crafting we'll do on rainy days, and all the fun we will have.

No comments:

Post a Comment