Saturday, October 20, 2012

Stay tuned for a week of cooking!

This is a week for trying new recipes/making things up as I go.
We did a big shop today, and so I have plans for pork chops, meatloaf, ground turkey, chicken breasts and a roast. 5 meats, 5 dinners! I have a lot of fresh veggies, and a bunch of ideas.
Lucky for me, the kids (who are currently snoring in tandem) and I have been invited both night this weekend to my parents', so my cooking adventures can wait until the week starts.

I also have plans for a cinnamon coffee cake (the chocolate bundt lasted until yesterday!).

Love having kitchen plans, it makes me happy.

Oh! Today I discovered something cool. We ran out of dishwasher soap, and I forgot to pick some up while we were out. So, thanks to the internet, I discovered that a tablespoon of borax, mixed with a tablespoon of baking soda, and a couple DROPS of dish soap combine to make a very effective detergent! This I like, especially since I was quite freaked out by the formaldehyde smell leftover after using a popular commercial brand of detergent.

Hope you are having a lovely weekend!
Xo

1 comment:

  1. I'm impressed! I've also found various recipes for homemade dish soap, but I don't keep borax!!! I find myself resorting to handsoap and even shampoo when desperate!!

    ReplyDelete