Monday, September 17, 2012

Planning ahead

I have a couple big events coming up. We're hosting 14 people at Thanksgiving, and I would really like to outdo my performance from last year. I know what I'm making: Brined Turkey, cranberry-apple sauce, pecan candied yams, mashed potatoes, roasted brussel sprouts, gravy, hmmm... I'm sure there's more! I have been on Pinterest a ton, what with Ellie being in the hospital at night, and Jakob being a good little sleeper. I am going to make a wreath tomorrow, either

or...

They're both so different, but I love them both equally! I guess we'll see what I find at the hobby store tomorrow. We have a CRAZY morning, DH gets home from work at sunrise, so he'll go straight to bed. I have to get Jakob up, fed, dressed and out the door in time to beat tunnel rush hour, pick up Ellie, come back through tunnel traffic and home before our 10am OT appointment. I have nothing else going on after that, so hopefully I can get a trip to the store in before DH heads back to work! If not, this can totally wait until after our One Small Step weekend! We've raised almost $12,000.00!

Jakob is turning 4, in December (yes, I know it's a long way away!!) and ever since his third birthday, he has been asking NON-STOP for a robot themed birthday. I am on top of things, because I know that time will fly, and before I know it I will be freaking out that I don't have everything I need. Also, you never know what's going to happen with the wee girl, so it's entirely possible she'll be back in the hospital, and I won't have time to do all that stuff when the time comes!  We spent some time yesterday, looking through cake ideas, and Jakob decided he loved this:

I showed him a TON of actual robot cakes, but he fixated on the sprockets and the bolts, and said "I WANT THIS!!" So, thanks to A Blissful Nest, I found the silicone molds to make the parts out of fondant at Decorate the Cake . I bought a cool chevron table runner on Etsy. I could TOTALLY have made it myself, but I didn't feel like buying fabric, and setting everything up, so Jakob asked for blue stripes, and blue is what he gets!

 
While I was shopping, I decided to buy myself a runner for Thanksgiving!  Win!


I love Autumn. This week, we're going to welcome a new baby into the family (my SIL is delivering our new niece or nephew on Friday!). I love the cool mornings, the fog as the sun rises. I love the changing leaves, snuggling up with my family under a soft and cuddly blanket. I love everything about the season. Well, everything except the psycho bees/wasps who make me fear leaving the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment