Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Busy

This time, last year, I was feeling down and discouraged about getting Ellie's GH covered, and wondering how everything was going to work out. It's amazing how much changes in a year.Things I stressed about, and worried about, ended up not being a big deal. Oh how do I wish I could convince myself the worries I have now won't seem like a big deal in a year from now!

Today, Jakob and I got up early, we ate breakfast, got dressed, brushed our teeth, and headed out the door to pick up Ellie. I am so tired of this, so tired of the back and forth. Every time we think that we're done, we end back at the hospital. It's hard on Ellie, she knows when we're leaving, she knows when I'm walking away from her.

It was a rush getting to the hospital, and a rush getting back in time for her OT appointment. Nothing new, although her IDP worker brought us a new standing table, which she can pull herself up to stand on. She ate like a champion, and wowed them with her signing.

When they left, we went to the grocery store, to post the flyers for our walk, and to buy ingredients for some Pinterest cookies. I made Caramel Stuffed Apple Cider Cookies, from Scrambled Henfruit's blog.

How could I resist, when the advertised photos were so amazing?!

 I tweaked the recipe a bit, and they were outstanding (used a different brand apple cider, used vanilla bean paste, and Werther's soft caramels).  Seeing as I ate four of them before they'd even properly cooled, they were clearly unsafe in the house! I sent most to work with DH, the rest in a care package for the nurses at the hospital.

While I was cleaning the kitchen, Ellie scooted across the room, to the cupboard where I keep my Tupperware goods. She was so chuffed with herself for getting over there, and she pulled every single item out. If only she would put them back in! 


What a difference a year makes!!!

DH took Ellie in to town with him on his way to work. She cried as I put her in her car seat, and waved goodbye, and blew me a kiss as tears streamed down her face. The girl is a professional at tugging on the heart strings!

I can't believe it's Tuesday, our walk is just around the corner, and I have SO much left to do!! Jakob is napping, I really should be getting things done!

No comments:

Post a Comment