Monday, July 4, 2011

I had the great honour, last night, of meeting our niece, Linnea Laura. She is stunning, with incredibly bright eyes, porcelain skin and a mess of brown hair. She is entirely delightful, and massive compared to our little Ellie, weighing 3591grams, only 80 grams smaller than Jakob was. I didn't realize it at the time, but I held Linnea as Amber was moving from the nursing chair (Linnea is an absolute champion nurser!) That I was the first other than Amber and Brad to hold her. I felt terrible when my mil asked if she could hold her, as I was passing her back to Amber. But, incredibly honoured that Amber trusts me. Gosh, holding that perfect little bundle made it easy to imagine the two of them, Ellie and Linnea, growing up best of friends. Although they live a fair way away from us, I hope we will see them often, and that Amber and I can be close. I would love that.

1 comment:

  1. I love the tone of your blog, Ellie is truly blessed to have you and whatever her diagnosis (if any), love will prevail! Enjoy all these babies and feel free to contact me anytime, I am proud mom to Dante (with PWS), founder of One SMALL Step and Special Education teachers with lots of tricks up my sleeve. Tanya Johnson (tanya.johnson@fpwr.ca)

    ReplyDelete