Monday, July 4, 2011

Our sweet Ellie is just over 10 weeks now. TEN WEEKS!

At our last check-up, she weighed 6lbs6oz, not quite what they wanted, but at least gaining. She isn't really sticking to her curve, but we're working on it. I've completely given up on breastfeeding. It's too stressful, wondering if she's getting enough, knowing she's not strong enough to suck effectively, and not being able to boost the milk with formula. So, these days it's bottle and ng. Bottling is a huge deal! Yesterday, she did all the day time feeds by mouth, and one in the middle of the night, because she was frantically eating her fingers (a first!). Today, she had the 9, and 12 feeds by bottle, a tube at 3, and a full bottle at 4:30pm, because apparently she was hungry! She started crying at me. She seems to only cry when she's hungry, and even though it had only been an hour since her feed finished running through the tube, she finished a whole bottle. I'm not going to worry too much about that, hungry is better than not! I wish we could ditch the ng tube. People are SO rude about it, they stare at her, and on more than one occasion someone has full out asked me what is wrong with my baby. Mind your own business, people!! Obviously there is something wrong with my baby, she is floppy and she can't feed reliably enough to sustain herself so she's got a feeding tube. UGH. It's so aggravating.

She's also awake a LOT more. She wakes for all her feeds, at night we don't set an alarm anymore, she wakes us up when she's ready. I don't think Ellie's tone has improved any, maybe a little, but I'm trying to work on her. We stretch, massage, tickle. She thrives on the interaction.

As time goes on, the more sure I am that she has PWS. I am jumpy when the phone rings, in case it is genetics calling to tell us the results. I'm scared for that phone call, and anxious for it at the same time. I just want to know already.

No comments:

Post a Comment