Saturday, September 28, 2013

White Chocolate Cheesecake with Oreo Crust

Tomorrow is Bonne Fete a Liz day! My brother's girlfriend is celebrating her birthday, and I jumped on board the baking train. Liz likes cheesecake, so cheesecake it is. While looking online for ideas, I saw this:
on Pinterest. But no recipe, no instructions, no credits, nada. I liked the idea, and decided to come up with a recipe to approximate what I was seeing online.
{EDIT: I found the original recipe here!}

Voila,  White Chocolate Cheesecake with Oreo Crust and Red Berry Hearts :
Ingredients:
2.5 cups Oreo Crumbs
1/4 cup melted butter
Mix, and press into a springform pan.

Preheat oven to 325F. Wrap bottom of pan with a ring of tinfoil, place on a baking sheet, and pour a cup of water onto the sheet.

In a small pan bring a cup of water to boil, put a heatproof bowl over it, and melt 1 cup white chocolate and 1/2 cup half and half until smooth. Stir lots...

Meanwhile, in a mixer, beat:
3 packages cream cheese, I use full fat... I only get cheesecake every few months, it's worth it!
add 1/2 cup sugar
add 3 eggs, one at a time
add one tsp vanilla extract
add in the white chocolate being careful not to burn yourself!

Pour over the chocolate crust.

In another small saucepan heat 1 cup red berries (I had frozen raspberries and strawberries), 1/2 cup water, 2 tbsp sugar and 2 tbsp corn starch.

Stir until thickened, and strain out the seeds. Pour into a squeeze bottle, and dot circles around the batter. Drag a toothpick through the dots to make hearts.

Carefully lift into oven, being careful not to spill anything or jiggle the cake too much. Bake for an hour, then turn off the oven and leave the cake in the oven for another hour. This is supposed to stop it from cracking, but as you can see it didn't work for me! LOL.

Remove from the oven, carefully open springform pan, and plate.



Refrigerate!

So there you have it; my take on the pretty Pinterest cake :)

No comments:

Post a Comment