Monday, September 9, 2013

Oh, what a fun!

I can't tell you how much I am enjoying "back-to-school" season. I love it!! I'm busier than I think I ever have been before, but I find it is completely manageable, because I have just cut out the time I used to spend doing nothing useful (like pinning things on Pinterest, and wasting my free time on FB). To be honest, it was time for an internet addiction intervention anyway!

Jakob is mid-way through the gradual entry process, and loving every minute of school. He is dying to get to full days, and recess, and lunch, and everything they do all day. He started soccer on the weekend, and I think it will be great for him to have something consistent to look forward to. There are a lot of boys he knows from preschool and playgroups in the league, so there will likely always be someone he knows at games.

I was so excited to discover that there is a Strong Start program for Ellie, in the same school! She's elated to go out the door in the morning, knowing she gets to go to school as well. I'm looking forward to Jakob reaching full days, so that Ellie can stay for the whole session. It's pretty fantastic having some place that offers a HUGE array of sensory activities, social stimulation and fun. I enjoy being able to socialize as well!

Our afternoons, when we don't have a play date planned, are comprised of walking the dog, and doing chores, and the kids having quiet time (like now!).  Jakob is so great at helping me around the house, he loves to dust, to wash the windows of all the little fingerprints, and he really rocks at helping fold sheets! We've been cooking a lot together, while Ellie watches, and that's pretty great too.

I can't believe he's so big and grown up. I found this photo of him yesterday, and gosh has the time ever flown!

Oops, Ellie's up from her nap, time to get back to reality!




No comments:

Post a Comment