Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Fall Cooking

I mentioned that I'm going back to work, and if you could just see my calendar for September, I think you'd be exhausted just reading it. Haha, I wish I were kidding! It's definitely manageable, but one big thing that I need to do before full days of Kindergarten kick in, and my free time is spent earning a living, is batch cooking.

We have a pretty lame freezer set up at the new house. I have a small deep freezer in the garage, which we defrosted and organized shortly after moving in. In the kitchen, I have a side-by-side fridge/freezer combo, which is the bane of my existence.
Not my favourite...
 
 NOTHING fits on the fridge side, and half the freezer is occupied by a non-functioning ice maker/water dispenser. The freezer has mostly frozen berries, and applesauce in it at the moment, but I endeavor to fill it with meals before the week is up. On the stove right now is a huge batch of chili, and a batch of jambalaya.
The oven isn't my favourite either... the digi display is awful!
Chili for many!
The kids' favourite Jambalaya!
And, to go in at the end of the chili's cooking time, tomatoes from our neighbour!


Sent from Samsung Mobile

No comments:

Post a Comment