Tuesday, September 3, 2013

First Day of Kindergarten

Last night, Jakob was so excited to lay out his clothes in preparation for his first day of Kindergarten. I'm not going to lie, I was super emotional about the whole thing. He chatted, and chatted about all the friends he was going to make, about how his brain couldn't wait to learn French, and that he hoped I wouldn't miss him too much while he was away learning. Ah, he's a sweetheart for certain.

He says the funniest things, I should seriously start to carry a notebook with me. Yesterday's gem was "I have a voicebox, Mommy, did you know that?" I said I did know, to which he said "I didn't have one when I was a baby..." no? "No, I had a cry box! Aren't you glad I exchanged it?".

He went to bed like a big boy, in his own room, with the door closed a lights off. I went to bed (DH had Ellie downstairs waiting for the nurse), and looked through old photos of him as a baby. I can't believe that my little baby is going to school, BIG boy school!

This morning, we got up early, and all had breakfast together as a family. Jakob got himself dressed, and posed for the obligatory "back-to-school" photo.


Jakob as a baby


Jakob at One

Jakob at Two/First Day of Preschool Year 1

Jakob's first day of Preschool Year 2

Jakob's first day of Kindergarten



Honestly, this all feels like it has gone by in the blink of an eye. Next year, Ellie is going to start Preschool, and then life is really going to get busy. But, before I get too ahead of myself, I have to adjust to this new change, having my boy away all day, every weekday, and soccer on Saturdays. Should be a fantastic year!

No comments:

Post a Comment