Sunday, April 1, 2012

I've just had the loveliest afternoon! The ladies in our townhouse complex got together to thow my neighbour and I a delayed baby shower! We both had our babies last year. In the three years we have lived here, we have never done anything as a community. I barely have time to say "Hello", let alone visit, but today everything changed.
Everyone was so nice, and we had the opportunity to meet the new families that have moved in over the course of the past year. They showered Ellie with gifts, despite her marked absence. There was so much food (I definitely overate), and I felt so blessed to be surrounded by such caring people.
Little did I know, that I've been participating in a Mommy/Baby group online, that is primarily run by my neighbour! Can you believe that? When Ellie comes home, I fully intend to start actively participating in meet ups and Wine and Whine nights.
I haven't seen my girl since Saturday, so I'm going to head in to see her. It's been long enough, and I've heard she's been moved to a room with a view!

No comments:

Post a Comment