Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Vintage Ideas

I spent this morning puttering around the house. If Ellie is coming home this week, I want to get as much done as possible before then. I finished the curtains for the kitchen, and hung up the valances. All that's missing in there now is the counter tops and maybe a vinyl decal for the wall, but I am having a hard time finding one that I love.
Next, I want to tidy the laundry room, and organize all my cleaning things. I also need to clear out the pantry, it is a bit of a disaster.
It is rather ridiculous that we have been working so diligently to get the house ready for sale, we should have done all these things eons ago! But, maybe if we sell our place, we will do all this again in the new place!
I can't believe we are already into April. I mean, really! Where is the time going?
Easter was late last year, but my heart feels funny thinking that it is almost Good Friday, Ellie was born on a Good Friday!
Dr. Dee said Ellie shouldn't be exposed to too many people until the summer, when it is less likely she will get sick again. That means limiting her exposure to other kids especially, so this weekend will be interesting. DH has a big family, with lots of cousins all coming to celebrate Easter together.
I have been seriously debating the topic of Ellie's birthday party. I waffle! I so badly want to have a big celebration, where anyone who wants to come can come, but I can't do that AND protect her from gettin sick at the same time. Realistically, I will likely keep this party tiny, and then have a big party in the summer. That doesn't actually sound so bad, since I started looking into vintage themed parties and found a ton of ideas that I really like!
The photos that Ali took are so Ellie, the vintage style ones.
Eek, just thinking about being able to design another nursery for her makes me so excited. I love her current room, but i didn't really know her when I came up with the design. Now, her personality has blossomed and I do know her, so well.
A vintage party, with pretty tea cups, cake stands, decorations hanging from the trees, ah, it will be awesome. I am so ready for summer!
Hmmm... I wonder if you can bake cupcakes in teacups? Anyone know? I wonder if they could stand the heat... I know you can bake them in mason jars.
It would be adorable to make individual cakes, iced in the cup, served with a spoon to keep fingers clean! I could start collecting cups and saucers from the thrift shop now!
Monogrammed handkerchiefs as favors? Too many ideas!

4 comments:

  1. I got curious about making cupcakes in teacups and found this :http://www.wonderhowto.com/how-to-bake-adorable-cupcakes-teacups-383992/

    Apparently if the cup is porcelain or pottery it usually can be baked in an oven up to 450 degrees F.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally understand about wanting to change the theme of her room. I want to redoubt Zach's but I am not sure what I want to switch to.

    Jill Henderson

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely can make cupcakes in a teacup! The teacup just needs to be oven safe kind!
    I love your room idea! Ellie is such a doll and I am sure she will love every second of the room.

    ReplyDelete