Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Perfect Day

The husband and I have started Jillan Michael's 30 Day Shred. I decided that I'd had enough of my muffin top, and of his muffin top (gasp, if he ever reads this!), so I told him we were doing it, and surprisingly he agreed!

We are three days in, having started on the first of July, and intend to go through right until the end of the month. I hate it, and I love it. Around the 17 minute mark (of 20), when my muscles are screaming, and my heart is pounding, and I'm sweating a puddle on the floor, I start to feel incredibly exhiliarated and that amazing feeling lasts for several hours afterward!

Jakob started his first day of summer day camp, and LOVED it. I'm so glad we decided to sign him up for activities to keep him busy. I couldn't imagine having him home every morning, and now he's only home in the morning on weekends! DH is on holiday, so we get proper weekends, and we have lots of family time planned for the next two weeks.

Ellie had her Gesell Developmental Assessment today. I was not looking forward to it, but she did better than I thought she would, and I am so proud of her. For a girl who spent more than six months in hospital, and the first eight months of her life mostly asleep, she's only three months behind! There are a ton of things we can help her with, and honestly, it's awesome having a baseline to know where she is at. From here, I can look at the activities of a 9-10month old, and tailor them to suit her, and her needs. It's exciting!

We had a great visit with Auntie B, and then went out for a long walk in a beautiful, hilly park. DH and Jakob raced up hill, and rolled back down. Ellie got nose to nose with a baby duckling! Then we went for a refreshing forest walk.

Another amazing day!

Oh, and on an EVEN BETTER note, we're now up to an outstanding $4500 in donations towards the One Small Step walk in August :)


No comments:

Post a Comment