Tuesday, July 17, 2012

One Small Step - Ladner Style

I enjoy the days where there isn't much to update. Life is quiet, it's amazing. I've been busy in the mornings, while Jakob is at camp. I am on a bit of a hazelnut kick, since I discovered a huge bag of them in the back of my freezer. Coupled with a bunch of gorgeous carrot tops I couldn't bring myself to throw out, I made Carrot Top and Hazelnut Pesto! It is amazing, more bitter than regular pesto, but delicious none the less. I've also made Hazelnut milk (super easy, so delicious, especially in coffee!), and from that process ended up with Hazelnut meal!

Ellie has graduated into her big girl Pack 'n Play! She had been in a moses basket, on a rocking stand, since the day she came home from the hospital last June. Since she doesn't pull up without an audience, and cheering squad, we have her on the infant setting, which hangs from the side bars. She's got a silky satin sheet, and she LOVES the whole set up. Last night was the first night, and she rolled all over the place, much to the nurse's amusement.

Speaking of Ellie, I have decided to host our very own One Small Step walk! We were originally registered to walk in Burnaby, but we aren't sure if Ellie will have any fallout from her ICU stay at the beginning of August, and most of the important people in her life weren't able to attend. I am SO excited about hosting the event, I hope it goes off without a hitch, and has a good attendance!

Check out our event page!!
http://onesmallstep.fpwr.org/dw/walking/location/434

And check out our FB event page!
https://www.facebook.com/OneSmallStepLadner

No comments:

Post a Comment